Sometimes stats are so compelling that they are worth repeating.
Call us geeks, but we love marketing statistics and metrics. Here’s a dozen fun facts from a recent email from Robert Fleming, the CEO of the eMarketing Association.
- 85% of people would rather provide an e-mail for an e-book over a tweet.
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
- Companies that blog more than 15 times per month get 5 times more traffic.
- The average content length for a page that ranks in top 10 position is 2000 words.
- If a post is greater than 1,500 words, it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes.
- Articles with images get 94% more views.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%.
- Videos get 267% more links than normal posts.
- 58% of your audience will stop watching video within the first 90 seconds.
- 20% of people will read text while 80% of people will watch a video with the same exact content.
- Viewers retain 58% of what they see but only 10% of what they read.
- Average buyer consults 11 consumer reviews on the path to purchase.
Do you have some fun facts or stats? Share them as comments to this post!
Active Search Results (ASR) is an independent Internet Search Engine using a proprietary page ranking technology with Millions of popular Web sites indexed.