Every now and then you come across some stats that tell a story better than any how to article ever could. These fast facts will arm you for those corporate arguments that generally start with “why are you spending time on social media” and end with the boss asking for “what’s the ROI?”
- $8.3 billion will be spent only on social media advertising in the upcoming year.
- Integration of social media with retail businesses will increase the number of people who share products on their personal profiles for up to 60%.
- 96% – 89% – 84% The percentage of social media advertisers that measure fans, traffic and mentions.
- Almost 46% of the people who want to buy a product will check out the social media page of the company or product they’re trying to buy.
- 67% – 78% marks the increase of companies that have specialized social media teams compared to 2012 stats.
- 66% internet marketers believe that social media affects their business, but only 9% of them actually know how to measure this impact in their revenue statement.
- The total amount of social media marketing budgets will increase its value by 100% over the span of five years from now.
- Consumer comments are important because the customers is on the first place after all, but only 20% of those comments get a response and the average time that companies spend in figuring out that response is 11 hours.
- 17% of bloggers and internet marketeers plan to improve their podcast or introduce them to their online business.
- B2B entities need to improve their social media exposure because 85% of buyers in this sector think that these companies should present their info pack on the social grid.
- Facebook stands as the number one influencer when it comes to online purchases in the US. Over 47% of American say that they check the validity of the product on Facebook.
- Facebook has a usage rate of over 94% in the B2C sector when it comes to social media platforms.
- Two thirds of the marketers that are active on Facebook claim how they’ve gained new customers using paid advertising.
- The same number stands for a post engagement in its first 5 hours after publishing.
- On the other hand only 34% of marketeers use Twitter to create a list of leads.
- 28% of the retweets you see on tweeter happen due to the fact that many marketeers include the “please RT” phrase in their posts.
- Google+ is a lonely rider on the Internet, but this is due to change because 19% of online marketeers plan to increase their activity on this social platform.
- 40% – 70% – 67% is the number of marketeers that use, want to learn more, plan to increase their activities on Google+.
- Users still spend four times more time on Tumblr and Pinterist rather than on Twitter
The original post was written by Aleksandar Spasevski and can be found at 19 Social Media Marketing Facts You Haven’t Known About.
Image credit: Twin Design | Shutterstock
Active Search Results (ASR) is an independent Internet Search Engine using a proprietary page ranking technology with Millions of popular Web sites indexed.
Pingback: 19 Social Media Marketing Facts You Need To Kno...